Find a Job
Find a job using the WorkBC Job Board. Browse thousands of jobs on BC’s most comprehensive job posting database.
Find a job using the regional Kootenay.Jobs platform. More than just a job board, this regional job matching tool connects job seekers to opportunities and employers to local job seekers actively looking for work in the Kootenay-Boundary Region.
Many professional organizations have their own job boards. Discover WorkBC’s comprehensive list of industry job boards in British Columbia.
Discover employment opportunities in the Boundary region utilizing this comprehensive job search tool. This job board connects Boundary job seekers to employment opportunities in the Grand Forks and greater Boundary region.
WorkBC Employment Services
Online Employment Services
Drop by Grand Forks’s WorkBC Centre and discover a staffed resource area equipped with all the tools you need for a successful job search. At the centre you will find:
- Computer workstations
- Internet access
- Public telephones
- Fax machines
- Photocopy services
- Information and resources on the local labour market
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Job search and job start financial supports for eligible clients
Personal Employment Services
Discover the many services that have been designed to get you working. Personal services and supports include things like:
- Group workshops or individual employment counselling sessions
- Skills Enhancement (short term certification training or occupational skills training)
- Work Experience & Wage Subsidies
- Customized job placement and work experience placement services for clients with significant barriers to employment
- Self-employment assessment services
In some cases, financial supports are available for eligible clients.
Self Employment Program
WorkBC Outreach – Are you an aspiring entrepreneur? Have you always dreamed of starting your own business? Do you have a marketable service or product? Through this program you will receive instruction and support while developing your business plan. You will also receive ongoing training, mentoring and business coaching while you start and run your business. And if you’re eligible you may also receive financial support for the duration of the program.
Job Sustainment Services
Have you found employment – but are worried that you might not keep it? The following activities summarize what may be included in Job Sustainment services:
- Assisting you to resolve any issues that may impact your ability to maintain employment.
- Providing and/or arranging for on-site job supports and resources as required for your employment.
- Providing skilled and experienced job coaches. Working with you and your support system (family, friends, colleagues, other support people/networks) where requested to help with long-term job retention.
- Additional services as required to ensure success in your employment, work experience or volunteer position.
Apprentice financial supports are available to eligible apprentices while they’re completing their classroom apprenticeship training. See if you’re eligible, learn how to apply and access online supports.
Apprentice services are now offered provincially by Douglas College – contact information is below:
1410 – 1250 Pinetree Way
WorkBC Assistive Technology Services
WorkBC Assistive Technology Services offers adaptive technology to help people with disabilities pursue employment opportunities. Find out more at: